Job title: We are looking for a Marine Ecosystems and Biodiversity Researcher
Job description: Would you like to work on how to safeguard marine ecosystems and biodiversity in collaboration with ocean-based industries and other stakeholders?
We are strengthening the Blue Economy and Sustainable Food Systems research team and seek a highly motivated Marine Ecosystems and Biodiversity Researcher.
The successful candidate has a background in biodiversity and ecosystem modelling with the skills to assess the impacts of ocean-based activities on biodiversity using data-driven models and digital technologies. An understanding of marine ecosystems, ecosystem services, biodiversity assessments and monitoring, cumulative impacts and biodiversity valuation are important for this position. An understanding and/or interest in marine policy would be an advantage.
You will be part of the Blue Economy and Sustainable Food Systems programme in Group Research and Development (GRD), a multidisciplinary research team that works across several business areas and research programs in DNV to bring new insight and services to DNVs ocean and food related activities and customers.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Developing industry-specific standards and best practices that will safeguard Marine Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Developing concepts and prototypes for future assurance services
- Combining technical and biological understanding into new insights
- Developing and (co-)authoring scientific publications and white papers, providing insight and foresight
- Developing and conducting research on novel ways of applying digital solutions
- Engaging with clients to understand industry needs and piloting solutions
- Building international networks externally and internally with key people in the field
- Collaborating with top academic personnel and participate in multi-partner research activities
- Identifying relevant calls for public funding and support for tender participation
- Manage projects in time, cost, and quality
- Relevant science and/or technology degree at Master or PhD level
- Strong computational and analytic competencies
- Knowledge of programming/script writing (e.g. Python, R), spatial and temporal data analysis and/or modelling is an advantage
- 2-5 years of relevant experience with ecosystem modelling, biodiversity assessment, environmental impact assessment, or similar
- Experience with strategic research and development projects, including project management
- Excellent written and spoken English capabilities
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, and appreciation for working in an international environment
- Willingness to relocate to the Oslo area (if relevant)
- Solution oriented, with ability to work both independently and in teams
- Technically strong in own discipline, eager to share knowledge as well as acquire new knowledge
- Holistic thinker and able to apply own knowledge and skills in new areas
- Curiosity, an innovative mindset, the interest to learn new topics
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and appreciation for working in an international environment
- Open to transition into one of our business areas in the longer run to apply innovation more directly with customers
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including 6 weeks annual vacation, subsidised canteen, competitive pension, insurance, and parental leave agreement, in addition to a global profit share scheme.
- Work/life balance. We offer flexible working hours and workplace, with focus on work/life balance for our employees.
- Supportive and caring culture. Our international culture embodies diverse colleagues who value teamwork and inclusion across business areas and borders. We offer opportunities for our employees to connect through social and professional networks. Our largest community CONNECT, throws after-works and informal meetings all year long for you to join.
- Career and development. DNV offers extensive possibilities to grow and develop your competencies and career ambitions. We have a strong company culture with emphasis on growth mindset, knowledge sharing, and professional and personal development.
- By joining DNV you become part of a world-leading company whose purpose is to safeguard life, property, and the environment. Our values “we care, we share, we dare” characterize how we work and behave towards each other and our customers.
- Our Høvik office is in beautiful surroundings by the sea and can offer access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis courts etc. We have more than 30 activity groups for you to join, as well as gym facilities and a kindergarten located on our premises. It is also worth noting that we offer free parking and shuttle buses to and from Skøyen, Lysaker and Sandvika.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
We are waiting for your CV till 4th March 2024.
If you have any additional questions you can contact Hiring Manager – Bente Pretlove: firstname.lastname@example.org
DNV is an independent assurance and risk management provider with its global headquarter in Norway. Operating in more than 100 countries, our purpose is to safeguard life, property and the environment.
Group functions provide support on legal, tax, compliance, finance, communication, and human resources issues. Our Research and Development (GRD) unit is also part of Group and provides science-based insights and foresight to solve industry challenges that impact our customers and society and support our own growth.
Location: Høvik, Viken
Job date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 23:31:33 GMT
Click here to Apply for the job now!
Write an article about We are looking for a Marine Ecosystems and Biodiversity Researcher in Norwegian