Job title: We are looking for a Senior Aquaculture Researcher
Job description: Would you like to work on both shaping and accelerating the sustainable growth of aquaculture with a particular focus on digital solutions?
We are strengthening the Blue Economy and Sustainable Food Systems research team and seek a highly motivated Senior Aquaculture Researcher.
The successful candidate has experience from the aquaculture industry along with a good understanding of how digitalisation can be an important enabler for safe and sustainable growth. We especially welcome applications from candidates with a holistic understanding of technical and biological aspects of farming, fish health and welfare challenges and regulations. Proven computational skills and experience with data analysis, or experience from design and integration of digital systems in aquaculture will be an advantage. As an aquaculture researcher, you will play a key role in developing future assurance services enabled by technology and digitalisation and targeted at controlling risks and securing sustainable operations in all parts of the aquaculture value chain.
You will be part of the Blue Economy and Sustainable Food Systems programme in Group Research and Development (GRD) – a multidisciplinary research team that works across several business areas and research programs in DNV to bring new insight and services to DNVs ocean and food related activities and customers.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Conduct research and develop concepts and prototypes on novel ways of applying digital solutions in the aquaculture industry
- Develop standards, best practices and future assurance services for supporting sustainable aquaculture
- Combine technical and biological understanding of the aquaculture industry into new insights
- Engage with clients to understand industry needs and piloting solutions
- Build collaborative networks and participate in multi-partner research activities
- Identify and secure research funding and support in tender preparation
- Publish peer reviewed papers and industry relevant articles, providing insight and foresight
- Manage projects in time, cost, and quality
- Relevant science or technology degree at Master or PhD level
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Strong computational and analytic competencies, e.g.
- Experience with the application of digital monitoring tools in the aquaculture industry
- Knowledge of data analysis tools and data visualisation tools
- Analytical mindset and strong ability to extract information from multiple data sources
- Knowledge of programming/script writing (Python)
- Excellent written and spoken English capabilities
- Good communication and collaborative skills, and appreciation for working in an international environment
- Willingness to relocate to the Oslo area
- As a person you are solution oriented, with the ability to work both independently and in teams
- You are technically strong in own discipline, eager to share knowledge as well as acquire new knowledge
- You are a holistic thinker and are able to apply own knowledge and skills in new areas
- You are curios, have an innovative mindset, and the interest to learn new topics
- It is important that you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and appreciation for working in an international environment
- You have to be open to transition into one of our business areas in the longer run to apply innovation more directly with customers
What we offer:
- Attractive rewards. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including 6 weeks annual vacation, subsidised canteen, competitive pension, insurance, and parental leave agreement, in addition to a global profit share scheme.
- Work/life balance. We offer flexible working hours and workplace, with focus on work/life balance for our employees.
- Supportive and caring culture. Our international culture embodies diverse colleagues who value teamwork and inclusion across business areas and borders. We offer opportunities for our employees to connect through social and professional networks. Our largest community CONNECT, throws after-works and informal meetings all year long for you to join.
- Career and development. DNV offers extensive possibilities to grow and develop your competencies and career ambitions. We have a strong company culture with emphasis on growth mindset, knowledge sharing, and professional and personal development.
- By joining DNV you become part of a world-leading company whose purpose is to safeguard life, property, and the environment. Our values “we care, we share, we dare” characterize how we work and behave towards each other and our customers.
- Our Høvik office is in beautiful surroundings by the sea and can offer access to sailboats, kayaks, tennis courts etc. We have more than 30 activity groups for you to join, as well as gym facilities and a kindergarten located on our premises. It is also worth noting that we offer free parking and shuttle buses to and from Skøyen, Lysaker and Sandvika.
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity.
We are waiting for your CV till 4th March 2024.
If you have any additional questions you can contact Hiring Manager – Bente Pretlove: firstname.lastname@example.org
DNV is an independent assurance and risk management provider with its global headquarter in Norway. Operating in more than 100 countries, our purpose is to safeguard life, property and the environment.
Group functions provide support on legal, tax, compliance, finance, communication, and human resources issues. Our Research and Development (GRD) unit is also part of Group and provides science-based insights and foresight to solve industry challenges that impact our customers and society and support our own growth.
Location: Høvik, Viken
Job date: Wed, 07 Feb 2024 23:54:06 GMT
Click here to Apply for the job now!
Write an article about We are looking for a Senior Aquaculture Researcher in Norwegian